Saturday, January 06, 2007

In which I try to cheer you up.

I've been away on man leave for a bit, but in my absence, I doubt you needed an explanation of just what a tragic week this has been for the besieged ideals of patriotism, masculinity and marble ceilingism. I know you wanted one, though, so I'll give you one. But not quite yet. For now is the time for us manful blog-warriors to keep our pride-swollen heads up above the depressing waters of Democrat defeatism. I will not let you mope when we still have so much to make others fight for.

In this spirit of resilience and cheer, I present unto you an anti-naysaying anthem for the ages; the kind you don't see on liberal TV screens.


(Tips For Teens - Sparks)

Words of insight calling to mind the best of Ayn Rand and Edmund Burke:

I've got a snapshot of your aunt Maureen.
She's ninety and you're a teen.
I'm trying to cheer you up. Don't be so mean.
Don't be so mean.